Description: This NZYTech Multiplex kit is designed for the in vitro detection of mecA and femB genes from Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). The kit is designed to have the broadest detection profile possible while remaining specific to the MRSA genome.
Assays are designed to specifically detect the query target(s) at the >95% homology and identity level in silico and to prevent detection of any off-target sequences (unless specified). The dynamics of genetic variation means that new sequence information may become available after the initial design. The mecA gene is a plasmid-based gene responsible for antibiotic resistance. FEMB is a chromosomal gene specific to S. aureus. A positive result for both markers has been validated as a reliable test for MRSA. The primers and probe have 100% homology with all reference sequences in the NCBI data base including: – MecA sequence specificity: AM292304, AB266532, AB266531, AB245471, AB245470, AB236888, AY894415, DQ106887, AY786579, AY271717, AB221124, AB221123, AB221122, AB221121, AB221120, AB221119, BA000017, AP006716, CP000046, AM048803, AM048802, CP000255, AJ810121, AJ810120, AB047089, Y14051.1, Y13095.1, Y13096.1, Y00688.1, X52593.1, BA000033, BA000018, AB121219, CP000029, X52592.1, AB063172, AB033763, D86934.2, AB096217, AB063173, AB037671.
– FEMB sequence specificity: CP000703.1, BA000017.4, CP000046.1, CP000253.1, CP000255.1, X17688.1, X571857.1, BA000033.2, BA000018.3, BX571856.1.
– Nucleic acid target: DNA
– Robust Lyophilized qPCR master mix
– PCR Method: qualitative multiplex PCR
– Detection Method: Primer-Probe Detection
– Highly specific detection profile
– High priming efficiency
– Detect 1×108 to 1×102 copies of target template
– Accurate controls
– For research use only
– Specific primers/probes mix
– Internal extraction control primers/probe included in the primer/probe mix
– Positive control template
– Internal extraction control
– Lyo NZYSupreme qPCR master mix (2x)
Storage conditions: -20 °C
Shipping conditions: Room temperature